Following these guidelines will help ensure there won't be delays in the longarm quilting process, additional fees, and will avoid the possibility of getting placed back on the waiting list while waiting for any corrections to be made.
1.) Your quilt top and backing should be well pressed with all seams flat.
• If your backing is pieced, seams need to be pressed open with salvage edges removed.
• Bolt folds must be pressed out.
2.) Clip all the threads on your quilt top.
• Stray threads will show through lighter fabrics and they can cause snags and uneven stitching.
3.) Make sure the quilt top / backing and batting edges are cut straight and form a perfect square.
• Packaged batting does not need to be trimmed.
• Low or light loft batting is required.
After squaring (or forming a perfect square) - Backing and batting must be a total minimum of 8” wider
and 8” longer (4” more on all sides) than quilt top.
• If you choose not to square I will need 12“ longer and there will be additional charges for the squaring service.
5.) No bed sheets for backing.
• The fabric is too dense, and in turn it prevents needle penetration causing skipped stitches and thread breaks.
6.) The quilt top should be free of buttons, beads and crystals.
7.) If you have bias edges on the outside of your quilt, stay-stitch 1/4” around all edges.
8.) Identify the top of quilt by marking with a safety pin.
* Longarm quilting is a hand-guided art. Thus, computerized perfection cannot be achieved.
* Please insure that your piecing and borders lie flat.
* Your quilt will be as free of pleats, fullness or tucks as your piecing allows.
* Longarm quilting will not "fix" misaligned patchwork or wavy and uneven borders. Ripples and puffy places will not
* Extra charges may be added for quilt preparations that must be completed by Jane Reinke's Machine Quilting
prior to quilting at $15 per hour.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to give me a call. I'm happy to assist you in getting everything prepared, and going over any of the details you need further information on.